Colonial Honda of Steele Auto Group 1st in Canada to be Awarded Platinum Green Dealer Award by Honda Canada.
February 10, 2020 Halifax, Nova Scotia
Kim Day, President & COO of Steele Auto Group, is pleased to announce that Colonial Honda in Halifax, Nova Scotia is the first dealership across Canada to receive Platinum status in Honda Canada’s Green Dealer award program.
Kim Day stated, “We are pleased to receive this recognition. For us, it’s a case of doing the right thing and playing our role in the communities we serve. We strive to live by our values of integrity, innovation, excellence and community. By implementing our own Steele Academy to train service technician apprentices, giving back to our three social pillars, attracting skilled labour back to the region through our Come Home program, or today through environmentally responsible enhancements to our dealership – it is about making the right decisions.”
Tim Peacock, General Manager Colonial Honda said, “we’re honoured to be the first in Canada to achieve this recognition and to be one of only two across the entire country. As Kim said its just about making the right decisions every day. I’m all in and I would like to thank my team here at Colonial Honda for meeting the challenge to be environmentally responsible. We refer to ourselves as a family here at work and these are the things that you would do for your family.”
“Honda Canada’s commitment to Canada has always included a focus on environmental consciousness throughout its 50 years in the country. Our sustainability strategy has been ingrained in all facets of our business operations including headquarters, manufacturing and our business partners,” said Jean Marc Leclerc, Senior Vice-President, Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “Naturally, our green strategy continues to innovate, and with our focus on a sustainable future, Honda Canada is pleased to provide dealers a supported opportunity to continue to make green strides in their dealerships. The Green Dealer Recognition Program is designed to support our brand, our dealers and their communities as we continue to push the boundaries of sustainability.”
To achieve Platinum status Colonial Honda had to achieve an energy reduction of 50% plus implement a series of energy and water efficiency improvements.
Some of the unique features at Colonial Honda include:
- LED lighting
- Building management system to control heating/AC
- Energy efficient HVAC units
- Energy efficient lighting systems
- Passive solar lighting/heating in the showroom and service drive through
- Exterior lighting control to auto dim at night (50% lighting)
- Parking lot – eco swales to move rainwater to vegetated areas vs city sewer
- Rainwater collection – stored and used to wash vehicles
- Interior occupancy sensors
- Low flow water
- Recycling program
- Plastic free – reusable coffee cups and drinking glasses for customers and team members
- Two EV charging station for consumers – free for public use
- High efficiency quick roll doors in the service drive through